- Hits: 719
Well House, Butleigh
Exterior View of Well House in Butleigh, Somerset
When you're househunting, you try to imagine what it would be like living in the homes you view. So, to save you guessing what it's like owning this fabulous five bed house near Glastonbury, we've asked the current owners to tell us what they most love about living there. It's called Well House in Butleigh and has over 5,000 sq ft of living space, a 1200 sq foot kitchen, a double garage and parking space, an additional one bed cottage, party room, five acres of land and gardens and is in an excellent village location. And as estate agents for Somerset, we have plenty more dream houses to feature in the coming weeks, so keep an eye on our Facebook page for the latest updates! Now, back to Well House...
- The warmth of heated flagstones underfoot; the crackle and smells of roaring open fires greeting you when you come in from a cold winter walk.
- The atmospheric family room with delicious smells of lunch drifting from the kitchen area, the table set for a big Sunday lunch in the dining area; background music and the magic of children's laughter playing board games in the lounge area as they wait to eat
Seating area at Well House in Butleigh, marketed by Lodestone Property, estate agents Somerset
- Big social weekends with family and friends, some of whom stay in the cottage and annex; parties in full flow with so much space and room to accommodate all the games, dancing and fun
- Skipping the commute (which is actually very easy - from Castle Cary to Paddington) and working in the quiet home office that looks out onto horses grazing in the paddock. Also gazing at the open country views in between Skype calls and emails.
- The two minute walk to the Rose & Portculis pub where we relax and socialise with local friends in the beer garden and swap stories about our week. The pub is award-winning and serves real ale and food.
- The convenience of the Millfield Schools which are only five minutes' drive away (for drop offs, pick ups and supporting our older children at sporting events), yet seemingly a world away - three miles could be 300 miles because of the vast open countryside surrounding the Well House location.
Dining area at Well House in Butleigh, Somerset, with views to the garden
To read the full details click here, or to arrange a viewing call us on 01749 605099
- Hits: 646
Hello, Martina here, just wanted to introduce myself as the newest member of the Lodestone team who will be here to look after all of your Residential Lettings needs.
I previously worked within a busy Bournemouth based independent Sales and Lettings agency and it was here that I discovered my love for the industry. After a brief career diversion in recruitment, I am now delighted to have returned to the property industry where my real passion lies and I am absolutely thrilled to have the pleasure of being the latest Lodestone member. I think this is such an inspirational and energetic letting agent for Somerset and Bruton.
Being Somerset “born and bred” and a local Bruton resident I have an in-depth knowledge of the local area and this beautiful county I am fortunate enough to call home. We are currently so busy in Bruton that we are actually looking for more properties to rent out so please do contact me if you are thinking of letting your property.
I very much look forward to meeting clients old and new, and in the mean time if you have any Lettings queries then please do get in touch on 01749 605088.
- Hits: 867
Hello! We've just had our first year anniversary and now that we've had time to catch our breath after a busy year we felt it was time to blog again and give you three good reasons to use our services and tell you all about how far we've come!
1. We've a brilliant new team
Just over twelve months ago, when we set up our business in Bruton, Somerset, marketing and selling stylish properties in the heart of Somerset, there were only two of us (Cathy and Sue). Since moving into our new offices in Bruton in the Summer, however, we now have a team of five in the office plus a viewing team of 17, which means we're able to cover the whole of the county very easily.
Here we all our at a team meet-up with Cathy (far left) and Sue (far right)
We're really pleased to report that potential buyers really seem to appreciate how well our viewing team understand that you are not just looking for bricks and mortar, but a lifestyle too. And because our team are all local to the areas they show, who better to inform you about the house and area than them. In fact, we're regularly getting great, positive feedback about that and encourage anyone looking around one of our properties to ask away!
Our offices in Bruton - a former signal box
2. Our numbers are rising
- We've received just over 90 instructions in 12 months - including the fabulous Cubis development in Bruton which we are just about to officially launch.
- We've sold or put under offer 33 of those so far and have rented 28 properties
- We attract and market a range of desirable properties and prices, from a lovely country cottage for £200,000 to a large country estate just outside Bath for £6.25 million
- We have an off-market service and have sold several houses discreetly this year.
3. We're all over the place!
We've also made our social media and online presence a priority and have alreabeen featured by several local blogs like Lizzie Somerset and Muddy Stilettos and are followed on Instagram by lots of other Somerset influencers like SomeSuch Magazine and Somerset Cool. We are also developing a growing local network with key online businessess which really helps us to be able to give you up-to-date information about living in the county. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter where we regularly post pictures of our latest properties as well as on our thriving Instagram account. And if you're looking to receive regular updates from us, please sign up to our newsletter here.
One of our most exciting moments was meeting BBC Africa Correspondent Fergal Keane at the Wells Lit Fest, where we sponsored his talk about this latest book.
Cathy (L) and Sue (R) meet Fergal Keane
So we're very happy that our professional, informative and friendly approach is working well as we love to help you find a home you're happy with. Finally though, we have to say a big thank you to all colleagues and family who have helped us get so far this year. On to the next one now!
Cathy and Sue x
- Hits: 970
Please read this interview by Lizzie Somerset who is a prolific and local pro blogger: http://www.lizziesomerset.com/selected-interview-lodestone-property/
- Hits: 945
As we write, we are holding our first 'open day' viewing at the old Red Cross Hall in Bruton. It's a full day and the first of three so we are delighted to have so much interest. Another busy month for us. We have completed on our first 2 properties so that was a major milestone. But no time to celebrate, we need to keep our heads down. We had a couple of fantastic write-ups in The Mendip Times and The Frome Times about progress in our first 6 months of trading so thank you Mark and Martyn. We have had our first meeting with Rosie at the Wells Festival of Literature and they have lots of exciting plans for 2017 which is their 25th Anniversary and which we hope to be part of. We continue to be active on social media and forming working relationships with exciting new media platforms in Somerset: Danielle of Country Mummy and Lizzie Somerset who are doing a great job of promoting Somerset and its people, and nice for us that they are supporting Lodestone. And finally we are building our Lodestone team - we have a fantastic team of viewers who are spread across the region and Emma James is now supporting us in the office. Onwards and upwards......